ORGANISING YOUR OWN EVENT
Whether you want to organise an event or be part of an upcoming campaign, Muslim Aid welcomes you to join in.
You can be as creative or as simple as you like, so long as you run your idea past us before the event takes place.
Muslim Aid will provide much of the branded fundraising equipment including buckets, leaflets and banners if you need them.
LET YOUR IMAGINATION LOOSE!
Start thinking about the type of event you want to hold. Usually, tried and tested events such as a holding a fundraising dinner or a garage sale work very well. But there is always room to think outside the box and be more quirky with your fundraising ideas.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A quiz is a great way to get those brain cells working. You can even try and get local businesses to sponsor prizes.
- You can make and sell cakes, create greetings cards or anything that will have you bringing in those ringgits.
- Holding an auction is a fun way to sell items for a good cause.
- Collections at your local place of worship.
- You can contact your local place of worship and arrange to hold a collection amongst the congregation.
One of the key things to remember if you are organising a street collection is to make sure you have the correct permission.
Contact your local council or police station for advice on getting a permit if required. Once you have the appropriate permission you are ready to go.
Think about locations that attract a large public gathering, like at shopping centres or at a community fair.
Share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions with us on how to raise our fund. Visit our office or drop us a mail and share your ideas!